HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act)
Privacy & Compliance Notice
We value our relationship with you. We respect your right to privacy and we do everything we can to protect the Information provided to us on behalf of our customers. We ask all employees to follow our policies and procedures about customer privacy and information sharing.
We Protect Our Customer’s Privacy:
- We restrict access to electronic customer information by using protected passwords when using company information systems.
- We do not leave customer information open or in view at workstations when our employees are not there. We lock up all of our customer files before leaving the workplace.
- We share customer information only with employees as needed to complete service to the customer.
Your Personal Health Information Rights Are Protected
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 helps to protect your rights to health coverage during events such as changing or losing jobs, pregnancy y, moving, or divorce, and provides rights and protections for employers when getting and renewing health coverage for their employees. It also covers your rights with respect to protected health information.
“Protected health information” Includes any individually identifiable information that is transmitted or maintained in any form or medium that relates to the past, present, or future physical or mental health condition of an individual, or the provision or payment of health care to an individual that is created or received by a health care provider, health plan, employer, or health care clearinghouse.
- You have the right to access, Inspect and obtain a copy of your protected health information.
- You have the right to amend your protected health information.
- You have the right to request restrictions on uses and disclosures of your protected health information.
- You have a right to an explanation of the legal duties and privacy practices of those who have your protected health information.
- You have the right to receive confidential communications regarding your protected health information.
- You have the right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your protected health information.
- You have a right to file a formal, written complaint with those who have your protected health information, or with the Department of Health & Human Services, 1f you feel your privacy rights have been violated. You may not be retaliated against for filing a complaint.
These privacy rules are assured under HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996) and are enforced by the US Department of Health & Human Services Office of Civil Rights
US Department of Health & Human Services Office of Civil Rights, 200 Independence Avenue S.W., Washington D.C. 20201, (877) 696-6775.